Sunday, April 27, 2008

Important News from Giant about your weekly circular

Re: Important News from Giant about your weekly circular.

Once again you are trying to drive me away.

I read the Sunday Washington Post--that is where I obtain your circular every week.

I do not subscribe to or purchase the Wednesday Washington Post.

I do subscribe to the Washington Times, but you don't advertise in the Times.

So, you refuse to advertise in the Washington paper I read, but want me to go buy a different paper I don't want.

You claim that "We look forward to serving all your shopping needs."

This change does NOT serve my needs.

No comments:

Selected links about Giant Food

Wikipedia's history of Giant Food Includes the following statement about the once successful culture Giant has abandoned:
There were several reasons for Giant's market domination during Danzansky's 13-year tenure as president. First and most important were the principles laid down by founder N.M. Cohen. Companies often have paper principles but Cohen enforced them. The first principle was uncompromising quality. In the upscale Washington Metro Area, this was a competitive advantage Giant's competitors were slow to emulate until the advent of Whole Foods Market many years later. The second principle was value. Cohen believed that shoppers wouldn't mind paying a bit more if they got their money's worth in consistent quality. The third principle was service. Cohen was rarely in his office. He tirelessly spent his days dropping in unannounced at his store and making sure that every customer was treated as a welcome friend. He would be known to bawl out an employee for refusing to give a customer a refund for a spoiled competitor's product.